Duties of the HACA Secretary
It is the duty of the Secretary to:
- Prepare and send out the notice of the meeting and agenda to all those who are entitled to attend. There are 4 meetings, including the AGM each year.
- Confirm a location and time for the meeting.
- Ensure that any reports received are circulated prior to the meeting.
- Bring to the meeting all the materials that may be needed, such as by-laws, previous minutes and reports.
- Take notes of the proceedings of the meeting so that minutes can be drafted after the meeting.
- Read aloud at the meeting any document which may be required.
- Carry out any action arising out of the meeting which pertain to the Secretary.
- Maintain a registry of the Board members and their alternates.